The Fletcher Farm consists of 2,450.0 (+/-) contiguous acres offering an excellent recreational and timberland investment opportunity. The property is especially suited for the development of a private, outing place for deer, turkey, and duck hunting, as well as fishing and water sports.
The land is located in southeast Pulaski County, Arkansas just southwest of the community of Scott. The Fletcher Farm has been held by the same family for 109 years. It has a storied history associated with two prominent central Arkansas families. Tom Fletcher, who settled the property in 1906, and Albert Fletcher (Tom’s cousin), who later became Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Little Rock, owned the adjacent property. Tom Fletcher married Mamie Sandlin in 1911, and they occupied their new residence on the Old River Lake. The Fletcher family, the overseer’s family, and the families of several tenant farmers all resided on the Fletcher Farm land. The property was a functioning cotton farm and required a number of buildings – commissary, blacksmith shop, mule barn, cotton gin, cotton house, chicken house, and other out buildings, which clustered near the main house and made the farm a lively place before the event of mechanization. A significant addition came to the farm in the 1930’s, despite the protest of Tom Fletcher. The United States Army Corp of Engineers constructed a levy through the middle of the property. The levy offered protection from the Arkansas River, which flows on the farm’s western edge, but it divided the property in half, to the detriment of farm operations. As machines took over the farm operation, displacing labor, the human and animal presence diminished. No one currently lives on the land, and most of the original structures no longer exist.
The land formerly in agricultural production is now enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (“CRP”) and the remaining acres are diverse, including bottomland timber, open pasture lands, a pecan orchard, a wetland, lake and river frontage, and areas of sand deposited from historical river overflow. The land offers excellent recreational opportunities for deer and turkey hunting, and there are places that could be developed for waterfowl hunting. Fishing and watersports are available via the Old River Lake, Georgetown Lake, and the Arkansas River.
The property provides annual income via CRP contracts in the amount of $36,487.20. The land provides an excellent timber investment having 1,008 (+/-) acres of hardwood timber and 547.8 (+/-) acres in pine plantations. The open lands could potentially be used for a small cattle operation as well.
The Fletcher Farm has significant and beautiful water features, which provide a positive influence, each distinctive, and offers many options for development. The land has approximately 11,000 (+/-) feet of frontage on the Arkansas River, 8,600 (+/-) feet of frontage on Georgetown Lake and 3,225 feet of frontage on Old River Lake.
This unique property is represented by Lile Real Estate, Inc. and Colliers International. Please contact Gar Lile at 501-920-7015 or 501-374-3411, or Dickson Flake at 501-372-6161 for additional information. To schedule a property tour please contact Gar Lile.
Lile Real Estate, Inc. is the listing agency for the owner of the property described within this offering brochure.
A representative of Lile Real Estate, Inc. must be present to conduct a showing. The management of Lile Real Estate, Inc. respectfully requests that interested parties contact us in advance to schedule a proper showing and do not attempt to tour or trespass the property on their own. Thank you for your cooperation.
Some images shown within this offering brochure are used for representative purposes and may not have been taken on location at the subject property.
This offering is subject to errors, omissions, change or withdrawal without notice. All information provided herein is intended as a general guideline and has been provided by sources deemed reliable, but the accuracy of which we cannot guarantee.